UPDATE ON CHAPTER ACTIVITIES
Our number one priority is our safety, both personal and public, which means that our face to face meetings will be canceled for the next couple of months.
Our second priority is the need to offer support to those who need us, especially during these challenging times. After the loss of a loved one, we tend to isolate ourselves from others for many different reasons. Maybe we don’t want to be a bother, or we’re afraid others will be uncomfortable around us, or maybe we feel we must be strong and take this grief journey alone. For whatever reason, grief can be a very lonely and secluded experience. Add to this our current situation of “social distancing”, and those feelings of loneliness and isolation can become very intense.
Since we can’t meet face to face, I will be setting up a zoom video call for our meting on April 8, 2020. I will be sending out the info this weekend with a link to the meeting. If you have never used zoom, it is very easy. You simply click on the link in the email you receive and follow the on-screen instructions. You can also call in on a phone. The number and log in code will also be in the email. Looking forward to seeing or hearing from you next week.
There are many options for available from online chats to books for purchase. I have listed some below.
2. Private Facebook pages - https://www.compassionatefriends.org/find-support/online-communities/private-facebook-groups/
3. Phone a friend - https://www.sugarlandtcf.org/special-events/
4. Online National Magazine – https://www.compassionatefriends.org/resources/we-need-not-walk-alone-magazine/
5. Related Organizations - https://www.compassionatefriends.org/resources/relatedorganizations/
6. Crisis Hotline - https://www.compassionatefriends.org/resources/crisis-hotline-information/
7. Newsletters - https://www.sugarlandtcf.org/newsletters
8. Books to purchase - https://www.compassionatefriends.org/books/
Remember, with Compassionate Friends, We Need Not Walk Alone.